Let’s take a look at five ways you can be more authentic:
Discover your strengths:
- Look inside of yourself and identify your strongest threads.
- Reinforce them with practice and learning.
- Carve out a role that draws upon your strengths everyday.
- Recognize that your greatest room for growth is in the areas of your greatest strengths.
- Spend time in identifying your weaknesses.
- Do not ignore them.
- Acknowledge that you cannot be talented in all areas.
- Find ways to manage your weaknesses so you can free up your time to hone your strengths.
- Rank the following values in order of importance: integrity, patience, honesty, gratitude, humility, forgiveness, compassion, perseverance, spirituality, joy, and discipline.
- Expand the list by adding other personal values that are important to you.
- Articulate the importance of each value to your life.
- Commit yourself to your personal values.
- Stay the course regardless of obstacles.
- Find ways to go over, under, or through the obstacles.
- Do not go around them—instead, overcome them.
- Remember that your behavior reflects your values.
- Create genuine relationships by being authentic.
- Authenticity builds trust and makes us more compelling and attractive leaders.
- Be prepared for the adversaries that will be created because you’ve remained true to your values and beliefs.
- Remember that leadership is not about being popular.
Iron Sharpens Iron
Levels of Leadership
The Four Corners Of Great Leadership
Key Leadership Qualities - Adaptability